Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently (finally) replaced my rear differential, after having shelved the project for a few months. I was soon reminded about my engine lights presence, so I borrowed a code reader from a pal and pulled a "Misfire in cylinder 1" and "random misfire detected" codes. I replaced the forward 2 plugs on the drivers side of the block, as they were the source of some random clicking and pulsing. Problem solved. She ran great, for a week, then this morning, engine light on, sputtering misfires were back. The pulsing and clicking were not present, but all the other symptoms are exactly the same. I haven't plugged it in yet, as I figure the problem lies a bit beyond the plugs themselves. Less than 10,000 km ago I had the intake manifold gasket replaced, along with plugs, wires, cap, rotor, filters and a number of other things. Not long ago I myself changed out a faulty O2 sensor. I really hate that frickin' engine light. Could it be a faulty wire, plug, or something deeper that is causing these components to burn out before their time ?

*After leaving the truck to sit for about an hour, I restarted it. No engine light, so took her for a spin around the block. Mildly low idle, appears to struggle upon initial acceleration, runs alright at speed. I'm going to assume timing could be an issue, but don't possess the resources to deal with it atm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my intake done within the last year, when it blew, I didn't need to check anything because it was painfully obvious. I'm not positive on how to check it, is it the soapy water test ?, Anyway, I hope like hell that it's not that because the guy that did it is very good as well as a friend of mine, and I'd hate to have to kill him. I had a faulty plug wire that more or less solved the problem, on occasion it's still a little sputtery usually near a shift. She's got 324+ thousand km on her, so I expect just about anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.