Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 2005 crew cab z71 4x4 and started doing some modifications and wanted some input/ideas from others...

So far
Smoked headlights and turn signals
Smoked tail lights and third break light
Tinted windows
Debadged
Gear Blackjack 17'' Wheels
HID kit
AirRaid intake
have smoked foglights just havent got around to installing them

In the near future
either getting a black billet insert or paint mesh black
plasti dipping grille bowtie
LED interior lights
satin black running boards/nerf bars

replacing z71 decal with this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Z71-O ... 82&vxp=mtr

so thats what ive done so far and what i plan to do in the next few months any suggestions feel free to let me know thats why we are here right...thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What kind of logic motivated you to smoke your headlights and add HIDs? Also smoking taillights and brake lights is about the second dumbest mod to do. I really don't understand why you'd want to make it harder for people to see your brake and tail lights.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's for looks of course, and it's not always dark enough to cause a safety concern. What may seem dumb to you may not seem dumb to another truck owner, and visa-versa ;) We all have our own tastes, influences, and different reasons for modifying our trucks. To each his own.

I'd go with some high performance exhaust and a tune to go with that intake... and maybe black out the front bowtie.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im personally not a fan of chrome so I took black plastidip to all of my front bumper (grey bottom part, chrome middle, and black up) along with the chrome across the middle. Would make it look really good with your smoked lights. Here is mine after i blacked out the front. We have same body style.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention it has dual flowmasters with chrome tips but thanks for the suggestions keep them Rolling in

smoked my headlights because my HIDs are so bright they was blinding people, now they're perfect lol....as far as my break lights they're not dark at all just have a light black tint to them......

·
Registered
360 Posts
I really dont know why people get on here and try to put someones truck down just doesnt make sense to me. IMO I like the smoke lights I think it sets the truck off great! You are running a little risk but its your truck do with what you please! Good lookin truck man! I would def get some black bow ties and exhaust for sure.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Looks good so far! Maybe a brush guard next?

·
Registered
906 Posts
It looks great!! I would definitely get a tune now that you opened the truck up to breath better...:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
please say no to a bull bar!!! other then that color match mirrors esky handles remove rain guards and the z71 sticker

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
BlackZ03 said:
I really dont know why people get on here and try to put someones truck down just doesnt make sense to me. IMO I like the smoke lights I think it sets the truck off great! You are running a little risk but its your truck do with what you please! Good lookin truck man! I would def get some black bow ties and exhaust for sure.
He asked "What do you think?". He asked for opinions, I like the truck but not the tinted lights. I think tinting brake and headlights are two of the most moronic mods people do. To tint your headlights" because my hids was blinding people" just adds to my anger. HIDs have their place, in a headlight properly designed and made for them. If you don't like negative opinions don't ask. I'm not here to blow smoke up anyone's ass, I'm going to say what I feel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TooTall99uote="BlackZ03 said:
He asked "What do you think?". He asked for opinions, I like the truck but not the tinted lights. I think tinting brake and headlights are two of the most moronic mods people do. To tint your headlights" because my hids was blinding people" just adds to my anger. HIDs have their place, in a headlight properly designed and made for them. If you don't like negative opinions don't ask. I'm not here to blow smoke up anyone's ass, I'm going to say what I feel.[/quote]

I respect your opinion and understand where your coming from but personally those are my favorite mods and didn't cost me anything because the guy gave all of the smoked lights when I bought the truck

·
Registered
906 Posts
You can't beat that cost.. Good deal..:)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have HID's in my stock headlight assemblies and they are just fine... Don't think I'm blinding folks too badly lol. I think you should get you some black nerf bars, finish blacking out the chrome, and replace the factory audio system??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm meeting someone this evening about buying the factory z71 wheels and hopefully using that money to buy some black nerf bars....and the factory Bose speakers are still sounding pretty good so I'm going wait until I blow one to replace them lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.