Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the drivers side front hub (04 1500 4wd) with a Moog hub from Advance Auto, and then the ABS light came on and stayed on. I jacked it up and found that the new hub is grinding. I replaced it again and no noise and the ABS light is now off. What junk they are making today. I always thought Moog was a better part but after looking at the box made in Korea it should of been a hint.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Can I recommend timken for next go around? If you buy them online you can get them fairly reasonable and they are a superior assembly. I recently put timkens on the front of my 05... they're great.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had the time to wait but the kid came home and I needed to get it done. I was looking online at them and I will order the other side so I can change that one as well. I know Timken is a good name it's just that I couldn't get one around my home without the wait. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I have that problem also... lots of the better parts are not available locally... I try to order stuff ahead of time.. but emergencies happen. It stings paying twice the price in a local store...

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Hook me up with some hubs!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I wish I could or I would have got one when mine went out. My plant just cuts and turns the parts, then they get shipped off for heat treat and assembly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Boo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.