Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently put on a RC 2" leveling kit.. but am looking to add another inch of lift to the front/rear. I really want to put on a bigger tire set as well. Does anyone know where to get a 1" add on suspension kit? What would really help would be a pic of 3" lift and tires. I'm deciding on what size tires still.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
My best advice ( guessing you have a 1/2 ton) is to look into the RC 3.5" lift...3" level kits aren't highly recommend because of harsh cv angles and bottoming out of uca's on bump stops causing harsh ride...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do have a 1500, and I think i have talked myself out of extra lift as I will gain some with new tires. I am looking at putting 20" Xd hoss wheels and 285 tires on. But I don't know what specs of tires or wheels to get without any rubbing issues? can anyone point me in the right direction? Isome threads about wheel/tire sizes but I just got more confused.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so if i change my stock Z71 wheels/tires to 20" wheels and 285 BFG all-terrains, how much over-all height will I gain by changing? Now I think my wife might have to jump to get in..... and it just gives me that excuse to buy the powersteps I have always wanted. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

my truck with a 3" leveling kit with the diff drops...and 2" add a leaf in the rear i didnt like the angle of the 3.5" i did have it without diff drops but the 3" works fine with a 305/65R18...i just added a 1.25" body lift and am putting on 295/70R18's tomorrow
here is a different angle

and here it is with the body lift so its 4.25" of lift

but if i were you id add the 1.25" body lift or the 1.5" zone body lift and save your suspenion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.