Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running just the front mud flaps on there truck and nothing in the rear , I don't like the look of mud flaps but considering putting ones just up front to protect the side of the truck or is this a stupid idea.

· Servicemen
180 Posts
+2 on the WeatherTech's - I just put them on my truck specifically for the winter. Will see how they help keep some of the crud off the side steps.
I did both front & back -- if you're going to do the fronts, it just looks more balanced with the rear's as well.
Odd I just realized you can run with just the rear flaps on, and it looks ok.... but with just front ones it seems like somethings missing....

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how hard are they to install if there's no drilling how exactly do they go on and I like the idea of just using them in the winter is it possible to just keep them on in the winter then any other time take them off or would it wear out the assembly taking them on and off

· Registered
316 Posts
My truck came with OEM moulded mudflaps. Personally ai didn't like the look at took them off the day after I got the truck. They made the wheel arch look massive, which made the 20" wheels look tiny. I chose to have Xpel installed down both sides of the truck to protect against rock chips.

I recently installed larger Duratrac tires. I have noticed they pick up much larger stones from the construction sites I'm on verses the stock highway tires. I have orderd some gatorback mudflaps. They are a flexible rubber. I'm hoping they areally going to look better, and shed snow build-up easier than the OEM ones.

If you are going to do mudflaps, so all 4 corners. It will help crud from shooting up and rusting out behind the tail lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.