Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '95 Silverado with the 5.7 L 350. It currently has the stock exhaust, but I am looking to give it a bolder and more aggresive sound without draining my bank account. I want to install a new muffler and keep everything else stock for now. As of right now I'm thinking of getting the Flowmaster 40 series original (single in/single out). Has anyone else done this and are you happy with the results? Any suggestions on different mufflers to consider for that aggressive sound? Opinions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've had magnaflow mufflers installed on a couple trucks,
really liked the sound, louder than stock but not obnoxious either.
I remember the muffler shop saying they had three different magnaflows, one that wasn't much louder than stock, one
that was a little louder(this is the one I chose) and one that was quite a bit louder.
I had a one on a 96 k1500 with the 4.3 litre v6, I can't tell you how much better the truck sounded after installing it.
I also had a pair of them (true duals) on a 77 chevy c10 with the 350 and was very satisfied with the sound.
Years before I got the 77 my dad had flowmasters on it, he took them off after about two weeks.
The noise just beat your brains out when you rode in the truck, I was 12 at the time and I thought they were to loud.
Of course your truck has sound deadening material in the cab, where as the 77 was like a tin can inside, so flowmasters
on your truck might seem much quieter from the inside than they did on the 77.

Joe

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I had super 44 on my truck and loved the sound. Had a nice deep rumble to it. I know have the 10 series because the 44 wasn't loud enough. It's not quite as deep but still sounds good. It's not bad at all with the drone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a Super 44 in my '13 Silverado 5.3 and it sounds awesome. Everything else is stock on the truck so it was my first cheap mod. It was a little too loud for me at first but i am used to it now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had super 40's single in dual out and loved them. I liked the deep sound they produced. My buddy had the 44's on his 350 and it was a little too high pitched for me. I prefer a deeper sound. Just my $.02

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had a 40 put on today. Sounds awesome and deep at low rpms but at higher rpms it doesn't sound all that much louder than stock I don't think. I've only put 5 miles on it so far so I will have a better opinion in a couple days. I don't regret it yet so that's good lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.