Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little back history on my experience with my 2016 NHT, I ordered a Range AFM killer from Autoanything the day I bought the truck knowing I wanted to kill that AFM crap. I called Autoanything and inquired about the version they had in stock knowing I needed the latest version to avoid problems and was assured they had the latest version in stock. I then inquired with their not so experienced online chat help and again was assured I would get the latest version of the Range. I went ahead and ordered it, when I received it I installed it and it worked fine for about 5 weeks then bam the truck won't start, flashing warning in the DIC saying something about power steering, unplugged the Range and it starts up and plug it back in to clear the code, she works. Now the thing starts doing this about once a week and I am getting pissed at Range after the 5th time, after a few emails with Range I find out I have a version 7.7 not the version 7.8 the new trucks with electric power steering requires. Now I email autoanything about my problem and get a response to call their customer service and they will take care of the problem. I call get a lady who has little customer care skills and knows less about the Range and after 15 minutes on hold she tells me it is past the 30 return period and I am out of luck, we argue over the fact they assured me I would get the latest version and didn't and the call is ended with me unhappy and feeling like I just got screwed big time. Lesson learned Autoanything does not care about their customers and Range does since they will upgrade me to version 7.8 for free but I have to send it in with prepaid return shipping, so I will be out about 20 bucks, Autoanything has lost a customer who has spent a couple grand over 20 bucks, nice work guys. I have a problem with vendors who know less about what they sell than their customers.

Rant over, buyers beware.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
I have purchased many items from autoanything with great results. That is where I purchased my Range. However, I think the way they do business is that they are simply an intermediary for many if not all their products. When you order from them, they send the order to the company (Range) who actually fills the order directly. They don't actually stock a lot their products. I think that might be where the problems arise.
I had an issue with a bed cover after three and a half years that I purchased through them. I went straight to the manufacturer and got a replacement sent out and received 4 days later.
I guess the main positive for AutoAnything is that you can usually get the product through them lower than most other places if you use their discounts.
I know autoanything is a list sponsor and I personally have had good luck with them but it does sound like you got the run around and they should have worked with you to resolve the issue.

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope your wrong, not sure why you said that unless it is one more post towards that crown, when I spoke with range they told me AA buys in bulk and had old stock on their shelves and that is why I got the 7.7 and not the 7.8, Range only ships 7.8. Range only has a very few authorized sellers that are allowed to sell their product.
http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/au ... -resellers

17,133 Posts
wildchevy, I don't know what you have against me. No need for the personal attack. But, if you read closely, I was not wrong. I said "many if not all". I do know that several products they sell do come straight from the manufacturer.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
I'm sorry for your misfortune. I have bought from autoanything without a problem. That being said I haven't received a bum item that needed returned. Iv'e been lucky so far. Their prices are just so competitive that it's easy for me to do one site shopping and don't have to search everywhere. I imagine once I get burned my opinion will change.

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I have said I have ordered from them before without issue, which is why I trusted them on the Range information and purchase. Do me once shame on you, do me again shame on me, AutoAnything won't get another chance, there are just to many companies that really want my business.

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcher774 said:
Just get a tuner from Diablew and custom tune problem solved. His service beats anyoneelse hands down.
Ya I am probably going to do this with the new Intune2 and do the Camaro and the truck, just doing my research now. I always spend a couple of months sorting and reading everything I can find on a product, a informed consumer is a smart consumer is what I always tell everyone, thanks.

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured I would give a update on my Range module, last week sent it in for the latest greatest update version 8.0 and got it back on Thursday. Friday I plug it in and head to work thinking it will be nice not to have the truck clunking back and forth in and out of V4 mode, but low and behold the truck is still acting like it did without the POS plugged in. I am like WTF is going on, bring up the MPG screen and sure as shyt it is showing V4 and it does not work at all now. Send them another email and working with the same ditz Caitlin she acts like this is the first they have heard of any issues with the K2xx trucks. I am ready to sell this to anyone with a NNBS truck for 25 bucks and 10 for shipping with absolutely no kind of warranty from me.

· Registered
1,851 Posts
I have always wondered how this device keeps DOD from functioning. All I know is anything plugged into the DLC on GM vehicles can do some crazy stuff. I've seen the insurance monitoring devices kick reduced power mode and even make radio speakers buzz. If you pull the high speed data line's voltage down it goes crazy and no telling what can happen. They seem to work on a lot of trucks but I'll just edit the ecm''s calibration and be done with it. Another case of trying to save money with big retailers costing way to much.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Yep my insurance thing caused a radio issue with my 15. The dealer had it for a week before they figured out that's what it was. But it worked fine in my 08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,851 Posts
Too many modules on the data line and added resistance doesn't work. All the issues I see are on optioned out units. Hell GM's scan tools can crash the high speed line using the data bus diagnostic tool in some cases. Hints the chassic expansion bus.

17,133 Posts
Wow, you really hated that thing. Hopefully the new owner can make it work for them. Too bad it wouldn't work for your truck. Did you try it in another K2XX truck at all?

· Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The new owner has a 13, he is a older guy here and I couldn't use it so instead of putting it in the trash can or set it on the shelf he got a smoking deal on Christmas eve for himself, he was smart enough to ask if I was serious. And I was, :D

17,133 Posts
I guess you were. Santa's little helper.
:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.