Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and is my first post so getting used to it. To start off two years ago I saved up enough cash through my own business of detailing cars at home to buy a used green 2001 Silverado Z71 LT with tan leather interior. I didn't like it at first as it was starting to rust, was really low to the ground, and came off as a grandpa truck. I continued to reair the rust, buy lights, a grille, fender flares, replacement bumper, a lift kit and eventually rims and tires a year after i bought it. I considered the truck almost complete (see pics) until It was in a crash. A Saab hatchback ran a red light on a Michigan turnaround and didn't see my truck. We were ineach others A pillar blind spots, and I collided into his car. Years of hard work and savings were totaled.
I went back to craigslist to find a better truck as my last one was very safe and reliable. I found a beautiful lifted GMC Sierra and bought in. It was about a month ago, and I got it for a steal (under 8k) after my Silverado was totaled. It is a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 SLE originally blue in color, but has been painted tuxedo black(ford color). The body and frame have 175k miles, motor has about 90k, transmission and rear end both rebuilt and certified 4k miles ago. All the aftermarket parts are under 3 months old too. Most of the panels are brand new so there's no rust as the cab corners and rockers are new, but unfortunately the front fenders aren't CAPA certified so they fit like crap. It has a lot of mods already done to it including: 3inch body lift, Skyjacker 3 inch lift (that is what he said, but its just torsion bars, blocks, and shocks I think), 315s Couragias on Ballistic Offroads, 2006 HD front end conversion, aftermarket mesh grille, fog light addition, Brights 4-High, airbrushed skulls and stars, alpine sub, amp, speakers, and head unit, and Sliding rear window.
Some things I plan to do to it as she is my work in progress includes: a new windshield, tint the windows myself, new door panels, some new interior plastics, swap in black used leather power seats, dual exhaust, put the hitch back on, front tow hooks, hook up the halos, put tailgate protector or topper on, put a cover on the bed, new front fenders, LED interior lights, LED bed lights, hook up the curved 50 inch light bar it came with, and maybe a behind the grille 24 inch light bar.
Let me know what you think about the current truck and any suggested mods you have. Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some picture's of the my new VortecMax. It's black on black with 145,000 miles, looking to wetsand it after i remove all badges and fender flares. Then add some more goodies to it. What do you think of these older VortecMax's?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.