Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, after a lot of looking around and not finding an answer i figured that i would ask here. i have a 2004 Chevrolet silverado 1500 Lt 4x4 5.3 v8 pickup truck with 139,000 miles and a bad coolant leak. i have to fill my coolant reservoir every other day.it is all going somewhere, where its going i have no clue. no leaks, drops, puddles anywhere in the driveway, frame, engine ( top or bottom) basically no sign of any coolant leaks at all, but every other day it is all gone. exhaust smells normal, oil is fine no coolant in the oil. engine temperature is fine until the coolant goes down (obviously, but every little detail helps). anybody else have this problem or a fix? any help is appreciated. thanks

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I'd look at the water pump weap hole. That is a common coolant leak source. A lot of times it will leak and evaporate from there befor it hits the ground.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
^In addition, look at the bottom side of all the hoses with a flashlight for signs of weeping or fresh stains. Sometimes on a cold engine, coolant will weep from the end of a hose and collect on the bottom side. Once the engine gets up to temp, the heat evaporates the coolant so you aren't seeing leaks.
Also check under the passenger side of the dash for wet carpet/floorboards to make sure the heater core isn't leaking.
If no signs of any leakage, consider pressure testing the cooling system. This will help determine if an internal leak is going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.