Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice here folks. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4X4. Stock right now except TB spacer. Will be putting 2" RC level on this week. No plans on upgrading tires and wheels right now (size wise). I plan to stick to the stock tire size for MPG reasons. I am at 5/32 on the stock Goodyears and need to replace soon. I have been doing a lot of research on tire rack and discount tire on some tires. The ones i have found to be the best based on the reviews are the Firestone Destination A/T and the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10. I need opinions on these two tires. I live in Houston, Texas, so I don't get snow. Mostly highway and city driving but i like to have fun offroad every now and then.

below are pictures of my truck. these are not current. I have since taken the toolbox and bedrails off and put an undercover bed lid on it.

Let me know your thoughts please!!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The Destinations are awesome tires. I have no experience on Hankook tires.
If you're going to level it, you may want to look at air bags or Timberens for the rear. She is squatting with that car hauler on there; you level it, it's going to squat even more.

Also, you may want to take the TB spacer out and set it on your desk as a paperweight.
It will have the same effect on your truck installed or sitting on your desk.
The TB spacers are totally useless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i agree about the tb spacer its wasted money. but i have experience with the hankook atms and they are IMO one of the best tires on the market. Ive personally gotten 70k miles out of a set and ive seen all the way up to 90k!!! and that's with driving on gravel.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Destinations are priced well too.
I thought about putting blocks in the rear but i that picture is literally the only thing i've ever towed with that truck. Until i actually own a trailer, then i'll invest in the rear.

As for the spacer. i'm beginning to agree with you on that. i've only had it on a month. i'm averaging 14 mpg with it on( mostly city stop and go). not sure what it was with it off.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the stickers too. Means something, right?

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car I wish I kept so I could put more stickers on it

·
Administrator
7,777 Posts
I had the Hankooks on my '00 Silv and loved them. They rode great, had great traction, and lasted a long time. Plus they were quiet on the highway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.