Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· TOTM
1,781 Posts
Hey all,

I did a post last year on this but didn’t have the money.. Now I do and ready for new tires. Need everyone’s help choosing…

Have a 2012 GMC Sierra Z71

My options I’m looking at are..

1) BFG All-Terrain KO 2
You can do all those things with BFG Trail-Terrains. No need for such heavy tires. KO2s were overkill for me, they were great off-road and in the torrential rain and cost about 2 mpg on the highway. I should have put them on my 2013 Sierra but put KO2s on it. My 2009 goes everywhere the other two trucks go with Michelin Defenders and has yet to get stuck.

Reactions: RedSLEd

· Registered
2023 Silverado ZR2
119 Posts
You can do all those things with BFG Trail-Terrains. No need for such heavy tires. KO2s were overkill for me, they were great off-road and in the torrential rain and cost about 2 mpg on the highway. I should have put them on my 2013 Sierra but put KO2s on it. My 2009 goes everywhere the other two trucks go with Michelin Defenders and has yet to get stuck.
Had the Michelin Defenders on my last truck and they were awesome. People don't consider them because they're not "tough" or aggressive looking and look more like a highway tire.

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
Had the Michelin Defenders on my last truck and they were awesome. People don't consider them because they're not "tough" or aggressive looking and look more like a highway tire.
210% why I didn't go with them, If they were to make a more agressive looking sidewall it would be an easy choice to go with them. My parents put them on their 07 toyota sequoia and would easily get 70-80k out of them.

· Registered
174 Posts
Got over 100k on a 10ply set of Toyo CT's with 20% life left
65k on 10 ply Toyo AT2's with 40% life left
40k on P-metric Toyo AT3's with 40% life left
95k on P-metric Toyo HT's when replaced

Nothing has ever balanced better or lasted longer on my farm trucks/vehicles than Toyos

21 - 30 of 30 Posts