Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question I have a 2001 z71 1500 ext cab no cats true dual pipes
The starter went out 2 weeks ago right before I left for work so it set up for 2 weeks wen I got home I put a starter on it and it crunk right up but I would start down the road and couldn't get over 1/2 throttle with out it cuttin out like it wasn't gettin the fuel next day I went got a fuel filter put it on it ran great a lot better well we road around last night for bout an hour or 2 and now it won't crank it will but off but will not run u can turn the key on and off bout 10 times it will crank idol rough then straighten out and run perfect where ever u wanna go but when u switch it off that's it it takes for ever to start back up sometimes if u bleed the pressure off the injector line it'll fire right up and run but other times it won't
What could this be all advice and opinions are appreciated
Please help

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
When you say it won't "crank" do you meand it won't actually crank over (like a bad starter) or it won't start? From what you describe, if it won't start I'd suspect a bad fuel pump. I'd listen to see if you hear the punp turn on when you are tryiong to start it but it is not starting. Also, you can check the fuel pressure while it is acting up to see if it has pressure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is running and it will crank over it tries to start and all but it won't stay running if u mess with it for bout 10 -15 minutes it will start and run fine like a new one until u turn it off then bout 10 -15 minutes later it finally start back up and run like nothing was ever wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I check it I had put a gauge on it yet but it got good pressure I no that doesn't mean nothing but I jus seen if it had a lot of pressure it's strong but it may not be strong enough ill put a gauge on it to see I think it's suppose to be like 55psi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.