Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I was hoping someone could shed some light on my truck about 5 years ago I purchased a 2000 chevy silverado ext cab long bed 2 wd with a 6.0L vortex motor. It is a 2500 and door tag lables it HD . I have been looking to by a full suspension lift kit for it for the last couple of years finally found a place TCS suspension they said they could lift it so I take up and drop it off 2 days later I get a call from the owner saying he has been lifting truck for over 20 years and never seen a truck like mine it has coil springs and torsion bars on the front. He said he had to call chevy and they told him only 100 trucks were made like this back in 2000. So he could not do the suspension lift so he did a 3 1/2" spring lift and 3in body lift to clear my 35's. I was hoping someone had info on this truck like why did chevy do this ? Thanks Dom

Attachments

· Registered
572 Posts
Domb1972 said:
......it has coil springs and torsion bars on the front. He said he had to call chevy and they told him only 100 trucks were made like this back in 2000. .....
Do a Google search. There are a lot of hits and videos regarding the 2000 2500 HD and it's torsion bar front suspension.

· Registered
920 Posts
Wow, that is an odd duck! Looking forward to pics. Subscribed!

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,661 Posts
That does not look like it has both. I've never heard of any truck having both. It doesn't even make sense why it'd have both.

All I see in the pics is a typical 2wd coil setup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.