Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to install a 4/5 lowering kit on 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD DBL WT with 17" wheels. Sales rep said this kit would fit. After finishing the front, realized that 17" wheels won't clear the nut (it's literally sitting on the rim and the tire wont's turn). Seller now acknowledged the kit requires 18" OE wheels. I am too far in to go back now but don't have any 18" wheels to test to see if they would clear (don't want to get burned again!).

Has anyone here used the same/similar kit? If so, can you share info on what 18" rims and tires you have that worked for you?

thank you!

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,715 Posts
I don't know any 18" wheels for trucks, maybe one of the newer trail boss wheels?

A lot of the spindles require 17" or bigger and then just barely clear or don't clear the wheels at all.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
The OEM 18s will work with that kit and they are pretty cheap to come by.
Either of these would work.
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Tread

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire size wise, I was able to run the factory size on my 2018 with a 2/4 drop, and some others have been able to do the same on a 4/6, but it's close. I have 20's and the oem size was a 32" tire, the oem size on an 18 was 31.5" so it could fit better. If not going from a 265/65r18 to a 265/60r18 might be enough.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
But honestly, search Craigslist near you. You will probably find a set of wheels and tires that will fit. If they are aftermarket wheels, just make sure they have as close to oem offset (24mm) as possible.
There are 100s of oem 20s and 22s for sale on Craigslist everyday from people going aftermarket.

·
Registered
2010 Silverado LS WT RCSB 4.3 v6
174 Posts
Search Facebook Market place for wheels. I found a set of dealer take offs from a 2021 1500 at a Chevy dealer near me. Brand new tires and wheels never on the highway. $700.85 total. I couldn't have bought the tires for that at a tire store. I did have to change the TPMS sensors though. These were 17" but there are plenty of them on there that are 18's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts