Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

First, I'm excited to join the forum! Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge. Recently found an 02 Sierra SLT 4WD with ~250000 miles on it. Body has minimal amounts of rust. Other than that it appears to be well maintained. It is local so I can go look at it very easily. However, just wanted to get anyone's thoughts on purchasing this truck for $1250.

Sounds too good to be true, wanted some thoughts. Obviously it would depend on a test drive and probably a dealership inspection.

Can't wait for the feedback.

Thanks,

Billy

· Registered
370 Posts
There's not very many Chevy/GMC trucks that I wouldn't buy for that price...doesn't seem like too much of a gamble. Those miles are pretty scary, but the low price makes it a little easier to swallow. Make sure to test that 4wd to make sure it engages and disengages properly and check for all the obvious fluid leaks and such. If it checks out on the test drive and you like it, then I say go for it. If it was actually well maintained then there should still be quite a bit of life left in her...just be prepared for minor fixes here and there. Are you the kind of guy that can work on his own cars? Try to post a pic or two of it.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,227 Posts
well depending on where you live, it wouldn't pass inspection. Needs both bed sides and rockers. Front fenders soon. If you only plan on buying it for a winter beater its a good buy. But if you plan on buying it to keep and fix up don't waste your money. you will be upside down in it by they time you were done fixing it.

And that's just the visible side. I cant imagine what the brake and tranny lines look like.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I thought about going out and taking a look at it with one of my buddies who is a car enthusiast. My nephew is really in to trucks and my dad was looking for something that they could do some work on together. Thought this might be a good deal for a 13 year old and grandpa to have a look at :)

· Premium Member
3,174 Posts
If it looks like that on the outside, underneath will be 10 times worse...that being said if your not afraid to get your hands dirty its the right price. Look for a motor to last you another 100k if its been looked after to this point, the tranny on the other hand can be another story

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.