Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Super Moderator, Servicemen-USMC, SS Guru
10,065 Posts
I liked my old Raptor bars, but once I removed them for some body work, never put them on again and now like the cleaner look without them..

· Registered
610 Posts
I say yes. IMHO it gives the rocker panels of the truck a "finished" look, and hides the body crimps (under the doors but in front of the frame) from side view. Depending on which ones you get they tend to protect your door panels from rocks and road debris as well.

My truck infrequently goes off road, so I don't need to worry about losing the clearance under the rockers and plus I think they look nice if you get a quality set.

The image in this post is not my truck but I have those same GM Factory oval nerfs, which I think are pretty solid and look good on the crew cab.

-DS

Attachments

· Registered
3,323 Posts
do i need them, no. Does my wife need them, yes. I found the ones that are tight to the body dont allow your foot to really grip the bar and they were very dangerous with boots on in the winter or when it was raining and my boots were muddy. I switched to the old school round style and find them much safer to use, albeit they do now look as good.

· Registered
208 Posts
I vote yes. Your truck does not look finished without them to me. Think they look great on extended cabs and crew cabs, not regular cabs though. It completes the truck IMO. This is why so many upscale versions come with them from the factory.

· Registered
253 Posts
I added them to lessen the damage I would do to the seat when climbing in and out of the truck. Also the steps are nice for the ladies. I have 2 inch level on front. If I could go back, I would have gotten steps that are closer to the frame/body so the truck would look taller from the ground but clearance is not an issue so it really isn't that big of a deal.

· Registered
297 Posts
I love my nfabs nerf bars.They are a little weird to get used to using,but once use to them you will love them.I have a 6.5 foot bed and opted for the bed access one.They are great for getting stuff out of the front of the bed.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.