Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this topic on another forum I frequent and thought that it could help someone on here as well.

The idea is simple. If you are in the position to hire, or you need an odd job preformed, post your location and what you need in this thread.

Then members can respond via PM or on the thread.

I will go first.

I would be interested in 2D/3D modeling and creating drawings on the side for anyone that needs the service. Small to large projects and everything in-between.

Currently employed in the steel industry as a Mechanical design engineer. Considering starting an LLC for this but not sure how much the services would be needed. I just love what I do and wouldn't mind doing a more broad scope of work vs just my industry.

I work with complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Perform complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,006 Posts
Saw this topic on another forum I frequent and thought that it could help someone on here as well.

The idea is simple. If you are in the position to hire, or you need an odd job preformed, post your location and what you need in this thread.

Then members can respond via PM or on the thread.

I will go first.

I would be interested in 2D/3D modeling and creating drawings on the side for anyone that needs the service. Small to large projects and everything in-between.

Currently employed in the steel industry as a Mechanical design engineer. Considering starting an LLC for this but not sure how much the services would be needed. I just love what I do and wouldn't mind doing a more broad scope of work vs just my industry.

I work with complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Perform complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions.
Excellent Idea Brad! Just curious....Do you use Pro-E or Catia?

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used CATIA in the past and have used a Siemens version as well.

But the most user friendly and straight forward are autocad (for 2D) and solidworks/inventor for 3D.

Pro E is very similar to solidworks.. actually met with the PTC team at a design competition once. We ended up sticking with solidworks though.

Reactions: roorancher

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,986 Posts
Do it as an LLC go ahead and start that up trust me there is a ton of work in that sector.

solidworks is awesome. I wish I owned it so I could use my 3D printer more :(

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,928 Posts
My company in Houston is in desperate need of design engineers that know CAD

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i sell my boogers on etsy for 3 bucks a pop.
Are you looking to hire help? Help that has boogers of their own, or help to get your boogers to market? I might be interested depending on the position and pay. Also, I spent some time in robotics, so remote work is better for me once we have a robotic arm built for the task. Then we simply connect online with the orders and you sit down and turn up your nose at them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Are you looking to hire help? Help that has boogers of their own, or help to get your boogers to market? I might be interested depending on the position and pay. Also, I spent some time in robotics, so remote work is better for me once we have a robotic arm built for the task. Then we simply connect online with the orders and you sit down and turn up your nose at them.
no robots. these are organic certified, weed free boogers harvested using the traditional techniques of our ancestors, passed down from generation to generation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can watch people work for $100K annual salary with matching 401K and stock options. 5 weeks vacation is a must. An office with outside view. Parking stall with power outlet so I can charge my car. Annual merit raise. Expense account is appreciated but not required.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts