Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain (SLE), and had a few questions about the car interior.

1. Using the remote start in the winter, does the car know that it should be heating the car while it starts? I tried setting the AC to heat, and having the seat warmers on before I turn off the car, so that when I hit the remote start button the next day, it will keep those settings. However, it seems the car kinda takes over and does its own thing. What is the setting on the vehicle for the remote start.

2. The auto windows: it seems only the driver side front window will auto roll up and down with 1 touch of the button, whereas the other windows, I have to hold down the button. Is there a way to change this so that all the windows are auto roll up/down?

3. Audio display: playing spotify through the bluetooth (or streaming my music library on my phone), it seems the console display will lose track of which song is playing, and stay frozen on 1 song artist name and song name. The progress bar will move accordingly with the song, but the song name wont change. Is this a common issue, or is there some type of sofware upgrade I can do to fix this?

4. The AC/Heat blows even after I hit the off button for the air controls: is seems once I hit the AC/Heat power button off, the air will still flow through the vents unless I hit the "cabin air circ" button a few times, then the air will actually shut off. is this common?

even though this is not technically an interior question, it is my last question. I know I have a few, just wanted to get them answered up front since I just got the vehicle: underbody rust: I live in an area where we get a lot of snow, and there is a lot of salt that is put on the ground from the city. Do I need to get some type of underbody coating to prevent rust on this vehicle, or did it already come with some type of coating? Also, how long does it usually take for my truck to rust if I do not put on any preventative undercoating?

Thank you all in advance, and if I need to move this to another sub, just let me know.

· Registered
525 Posts
I can only answer a couple, the rest someone else will have to chime in:

1. Should work that way, but it may depend on the factory setting. You might have to adjust this in the menu setting.

2. Drivers window goes up and down with one press because it was designed for convenience on toll roads. Passenger ones were not, more for safety of passengers (children) so driver could control the windows.

Rust prevention, every time I've bought a vehicle, new or used, undercoating was either offered or negotiated in the deal. I then keep up the undercoating on my own. Sooner, rather than later, is the best time to have it undercoated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.