Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here from Georgia, and first time silverado owner. Bought the truck new in January. I've had f150s and tacomas previous. Really liking the truck so far and already moding it. Since bought I've added window visors, a tonneau cover, and a 2" RC leveling kit. I had the level on for about 6 months and decided I wanted to go bigger so I went with a 3.5" RC lift. It looked alright but definitely needed bigger tires. So I tried on some 285s at a tire shop but didn't like it. So despite what I've read on this site 100s of times about them not fitting I threw some 35 12.5s on it anyway. And love it. Very very minimal rubbing. Thats where it is right now for mods, but I can see more mods in the near future though. Thanks for all the help guys, and i hope to be able to help some too in the future.

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> as long as the wheel offset keeps the tires inside the fenders they will probably work but most issues with rubbing comes from Big negative offsets >>> post up some pics when you get a chance >

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm working on trying to figure out how to post pictures now

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
LQQKs good and you used your stock wheels at +31 mm offset >>> Put those tires on say a minus 12 mm offset or greater and they would be problematic >>>

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

Great looking truck, can't believe you only had minimal rubbing!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Great look'n truck you have there..:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, and to mag11 im up in north ga.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.