Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am about to get a 2007 deep red metallic GMC sierra from family. I cant pass up the deal considering the price and the owner has kept this truck in incredible condition. He is a family member and he has been the only owner of the truck. It has 124,000 miles on it and its like new inside and out. He has never taken it off road heavily (he has taken it to his farm pastures and such). He has an Alpine touch screen with Nav in it. It is an SLE I believe. The truck has 4WD, cloth seats, spray in bed-liner, toolbox and basically new nitto terra grapplers on it.

A little about my old vehicles. I used to have a 2002 tahoe Z71. I did a lot to the Tahoe when I had it but ended up having to sell it for mpg. Now I have a new job closer to home so mpg wont be as much of an issue. Plus I need a truck for our family farm work. My Z71 tahoe had:
-Brush guard
-leveling kit
-33" nitto terra grapplers
-17" MB wheels-with plasti-dip
-Kenwood system( 2, 10" kenwood subs, kenwood amp and kenwood flip up screeen with ipod connection)
-CB radio with antenna and PA speaker
-Rear view camera
-HID low beams and high beams and fogs
-Tinted windows

I regret ever selling that truck but it had 175,000 miles and started having issues (I took it off-road too hard a few times :eek: )

Im excited to get back into the GM area and cant wait to hear some suggestions and help from yall!

Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from yall soon!

PS: I know I want to add a leveling kit to the truck and at least tow mirrors for now. Maybe some legal tint on the front two windows (I was stopped too many times for the windows on my tahoe haha) Glad to join another forum! I used to be a part of z71tahoeandsuburban.com

Also, I still have the flip up screen and subs (all Kenwood) if anyone is interested in purchasing them.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lee

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! 124k is nothing on these things
What kind of issues did the tahoe have? Mostly all i hear of is tranny issues with these trucks

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> Nice intro and post some pics when you get a chance >

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great introduction! Sounds like a good deal, your getting on your new truck to you. Lots of great members here to help with any questions, you may have with future mods! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

Would love to see pics of the new-to-you truck, as well as the Tahoe!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm also from lilburn GA! Small world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Im ready to learn some new things about the newest body style of the 07 and I am excited to start adding some mods to the truck.

To answer your question Fallengt09, It first started with the steering column having issues and then I was pulling someone out of the mud at one point and the next day I got the engine light notification on my tahoe. Turns out the original owner did not take the tahoe to the shop for a recall on 2002 tahoes to have a back plate installed inside the engine. Long story short, mud got up in the engine and it never was the same even after being fixed. My mpg after my leveling kit dropped drastically and then more problems started to come up. I ended up getting rid of it about a year ago and took my sisters old 4runner and this deal just came up last week thankfully.

Thats crazy 05sierra1500. Small world. Im actually pretty sure Ive seen your truck around town. I am not sure if you ever saw the blacked out tahoe LT with the 9" lift around town a while ago? That was a family friends' tahoe.

Here is a picture of my old tahoe. As soon as I get the truck in the next month or two, ill upload a few pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hey Lee, welcome to the forum and its great to have you here with us..:)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Jack's? or Rayce's? i graduated with both of them.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Lee, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I know both of them. I am two years older than them and also went to Parkview. Jack now has a duramax and he has already done stuff to that. I dont know if youve seen the lifted white f150 king ranch with a chrome grille guard and chrome wheels around Lilburn. Its my brother-in-laws and I sometimes drive that around town.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm not too sure about the ford. I"ve been in marietta for a while for school.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.