Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my truck, it came with I assume it's HID's, I don't know the difference between HID and Xenon, if there even is a difference.

All I know is that they are aftermarket low beams because they have the resister for them on each side.

There's a sale going on for Spyder headlights off a website and I was hoping I would beable to just swap the headlight assembly out without any issues.

Is this the case?

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some assistance would be appreciated if anyone knows.

I've attached a picture of the resistor(s) that I have in my
Truck for the HID's

If I buy lights that are Halo HID, do I just splice the wires after the resistor and tie in the new halo HID wires to that?

Attachments

· Registered
3,046 Posts
That's not a resistor, it's a ballast. It's whats controls the output to the bulb. Your new headlights likely wont come with new HID bulbs, so you'll have to buy the proper size for the projector. Then you'll have to tap your halo wires into the factory wiring depending on how you want them to turn on.

· Registered
147 Posts
Usually the spyder headlights come with a H1 size low beam bulb. They make HID bulbs in that size. If you still have the factory headlight housings, the aftermarket HID bulbs are probably still H11 which is the original bulb size. Dmanj is right, you will most likely have to buy new HID bulbs, but you can use the same ballast.

You are also correct to assume the xenon and HID are the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.