Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so a while back I posted that I bought a 2500HD with a 6" lift, but the angles of the CVs were all jacked up and kept cutting boots. Long story short, I had a BDS 4.5" lift put on.

And now my turning radius has increased by about 5 feet
This is an issue since I use the truck to pull a camper. I called BDS and they said that they are aware of the issue, but couldn't offer a fix for it..
my question is this: if I were to replace the Pittman and idler arms with 2" drop ones, would that correct my angles and have the tie rods still push left & right while staying parallel to the ground?
Currently they push toward the ground when you go full lock either direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah but regardless, not being able to turn in a cul de sac without a 3-point has to be an issue to someone else...
I can't even make it through normal fast food drive throughs without a 3-point turn...

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wildchevy said:
I don't think that would be acceptable for a dd
I agree.
Apparently the only option I can find is to order different spindles through BDS get those installed.
They said it'd be an extra $450 with no return/core on the ones I already bought from them.
It seems to me though a drop pitman and idler would fix it, but there doesn't seem to be a company that offers them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.