Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently put on a 2" lift all the way around and still have the stock size 265-70/17 tire on. I want something just a little bigger in diameter to fill in the wheel well, but I don't want to kill my mpg's and towing ability as I tow my TT somewhat regularly. I don't so much care about width of the tire as the height. I wanna keep the stock wheels as well. What do you guys think would work? Do they make a 265-75/17 or would I have to go 275 or 285?

· Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Any tire your going to get in the size your wondering about is going to be at least an 8 ply so towing will not be an issue. Just air up or down depending on the application. If it were me I would go 285/70/17...sweet looking tire size.

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I don't do any spacers or anything else will the 285's rub? Also, for those that moved up to 285's how did it affect your mpg's and pulling power? Those are the reasons I'm considering trying to stay with a narrower tire.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
No it will not rub if you don't add spacers. And not that noticeable difference in mpg. Obviously that depends on the tire you choose. A aggressive tire will be worse than a simple at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stopped by my local Discount Tire today to price shop a bit and see what they have. I was attracted to their Pathfinder A/T tire which is made by Kumho I believe exclusively for Discount Tire. The price was nice at just under $750 installed. Most other options were around $1,000. From what I have seen looking around the web from the last couple years this appears to be a decent tire that has good tread life and all weather performance while being fairly quiet on the road. Anybody have any experience or thoughts on these?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.