Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have obtained a lot helpful information from this site with my previous trucks. I have lived in Tennessee my whole life, but just moved to Florida a few months ago. Just bought a new to me Silverado, was lurking around on the forum and decided I might as well join. I just traded my 2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 that I had for almost 11 years on a 2015 Silverado LT Z71 4wd. I purposely looked for a 15 just because I like the front end of them better than the new ones. It only had 16,000 miles when I bought it and so far I absolutely love it!! I know everyone loves pictures, so here you go.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for all the kind words and welcomes.

CARiD said:
Great to hear its a happy trade for your, congratulations! Got some plans for mods already?
There are a couple of small things I would like to do already. I'm going to add some lighting in floorboard connected to the dome lights. Between the tinted windows and the black interior, it is extremely dark inside the truck at night!! Also, the only thing it didn't have that I really wanted is the full center console. So, in not to distant future, I will be swapping the jump seat out for a center console. I started out small the other day by blacking out the bowties with some plasti dip. I thought it turned out pretty good and it was cheap so as to keep the wife happy after just buying a new truck!!

emblem4.JPG

eblem3.JPG

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Welcome to the site you'll love the new ride. I too went from an 05 to a 15 and can't believe the difference.
What has been done to the truck so far? Its easy to see a lift and rim/tire combo, but what plans do you have for it, if any?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
05Canuck said:
Welcome to the site you'll love the new ride. I too went from an 05 to a 15 and can't believe the difference.
What has been done to the truck so far? Its easy to see a lift and rim/tire combo, but what plans do you have for it, if any?
They have definitely come a long way since 05. I had a 99 and an 05 before this one and the biggest thing I've noticed is how quiet the cab is over my last two trucks. It has a 7" Rough County lift, 20" fuel wheels, and 35x12.50 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. I have a few things I want to do already that I mentioned in an earlier post. The only option it didn't have that I really wanted is the full center console. So, I plan to swap the jump seat out for a center console in the near future. Also want to add some lighting inside in the floor to match the led dome lights. It is really dark in the cab at night with an all black interior and the tinted windows. Looking at tonneau covers for trips. I had a roll n lock retractable on my 05. I'm sure there will be more, but just looking at functional things first to get it like I want it before I go too far.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AmericanZ71 said:
Welcome from NH! That is one nice looking truck. How was the transition from an 05-15?
I was surprised at the difference. I had been looking since the 15's came out and had looked at the 16's. I just really didn't care for the new front end on the 16's, so I went specifically looking for a 15. The biggest difference I noticed right off the bat was how quiet the cab is on my new truck. I realize I had my 05 for over 11 years and 150,000 miles, but even when it was new it wasn't nearly as quiet as my 15. Of course, the touchscreen navigation, handsfree, bluetooth and all those goodies were a nice upgrade over the 05. Even with the lift, it is a smooth, quiet ride. Performance wise, going from the vortec to the ecotec, I haven't noticed a real big difference. I'm getting about the same mpg and power is comparable. I heard so many horror stories about the 6 speed transmissions, but so far I have had no issues with mine. Overall, I couldn't be happier!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.