Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Happy to have found this forum. We've been a farming family since the 50's. We've only used GM trucks that entire time. We currently have all Silverados of various years with the newest being a 2014, and started thinking about upgrading our fleet.

We usually just go to our local Chevy dealer for our farm trucks. We have different daily driver cars though. I spent a good amount of time on forums for my daily driver before making that order. I found that it helped me with a lot of aspects of that purchase, so I figured I would do something similar for our upcoming truck purchases. I've learned that there's a lot of good info you can get from forums like these.

We're looking to get 4 Sierra AT4's together. 3 of them 1500's (6.2L gas) and 1 of them a 2500 (diesel). On the other car forums I've been on, I found that the members tend to have good experiences with reputable and knowledgeable dealers that won't try to screw people over. Curious to know if you all have some highly recommended GMC dealers in that regard among this group. We probably won't be making the orders until the end of this year, so that gives me a little bit of time to keep reading around on other threads here and learn what common issues people are noticing, ordering contraints, good aftermarket upgrade options, and other things to consider. We’re in Northern California, but are willing to look at dealers from other states if we can get a good enough deal to make the trip worth it.

And yeah, if it works out and we can make it happen, I'll absolutely be posting pics here of all 4 trucks together in the farm. One of my side hobbies is car photography, so it'll be good.

·
Registered
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 leveled and 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd lowered.
434 Posts
Welcome to the SS forum.

Being from Missouri, seems too far distance to travel. But a four vehicle purchasing plan might give you some bargaining power. Check with the California BBB for complaints to eliminate questionable dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, starting the search process now. I can look around CA, but I'm not sure if there are any really good ones out of state. For my daily driver, there are 2 dealerships in other states that many of the forum members from all over had super good experiences with, so I'm interested to see if there's something like that among this group.

Our more recent purchases have been Silverados so we've been going through a Chevy dealer, but this time we are going to get GMC's so in a way I'm having to start over with finding a dealer for those.

@spaddman - That's a good idea, I'll do that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts