Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum but was on the Tahoe/Yukon forum for a number of years. I recently traded my 2005 Tahoe (5.3) for a new 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab with the DurmaMax diesel and Allison transmission. The truck is SRW and 2WD. I made the switch and chose this truck to better tow our travel trailer (and may move to a 5th wheel when I retire again in about 18 months). No need for 4WD - and from a towing standpoint, 4WD lowers the weight and towing ratings. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! I've already been cruising the forum and I'm looking forward to both gleaning and sharing information wherever possible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
happyhourhero said:
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a nice truck. We love pics around here. Be sure to post a couple up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have some photos loaded to my forum gallery, but haven't figured out how to post pics in a forum thread...

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello Rob and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> a fine LQQKin HD indeed >>> and we can ship some SNOW to SC if you think you want to play with the 2WD > Enjoy ur new truck >>>

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, happyhourhero. I wish I could take credit for choosing the color, but that's what my salesman found when he went looking for a truck that met my specifications (it was a dealer transfer). I prefer lighter colors in the South for temperature reasons, but I do think this is a nice color (and my wife didn't want a white truck...). GM calls it "Stealth Grey Metallic," but it has some different hues to it depending on the time of day and angle of the light - most often, a slightly grey-green hue.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great looking D-Max! The TT you pulled with the Tahoe, umm I bet you want even feel it behind the D-Max! Enjoy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
09chevyman - you're right. Last weekend we pulled the TT up into the "mountains" of up-state SC with the new truck. (I put "mountains" in quotes because I grew up in the southern Rockies - not quite the same.) The DuraMax just loped up the grades, occasionally down-shifting but never straining. Besides the torque of the diesel, the closer spacing of the Allison 6-speed makes for far less radical changes in RPM with a downshift. Combine that with 1/2 - 1/3 of the total RPMs, it was a MUCH more relaxing pull. On the trip up, it rained cats and dogs and got gusty at times. The heavier truck was much steadier and instilled a great deal of confidence. Lovin' it!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Rob_L,

Hello and congratulations on the new vehicle. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that GM Customer Care is here on the forum and happy to assist with any general questions or concerns you may have about GM products. We are only a private message away!

Safe Travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.