Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have came over from the dark side and traded in my 2015 F250 6.2 for a new 2016 Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Double Cab LT ALL Star Edition. Boy do I love this new Truck!!! My ford with the solid front axle drove like a brick, had a bad door rattle after 18000 miles and the 3.73 gear ratio really sucked towing a camper. This new silverado really feels good with the 4.10 gears and the finish and amenities in this All Star edition are really nice. To cap that off, the MSRP was $46,752 and with Rebates I picked her up for $35,200 before tax.

I plan to tune this truck and switch out the Firestone Tires with Michelin Defender LTX tires. Look forward to long use out of this truck.

Attachments

· Registered
4,368 Posts
Ah, yet another smart man! Mine is a 2015 DC 6.0L Z71 with snow plow prep and also in white! Very good buy. Better than I did. The sticker on mine was around $49K and I got it for $39K. But I did get them to throw in a Line-X bedliner job for free. The stock Michelin LTX AT2's left a lot to be desired for what I need, so I put on BFG AT KO2's and am a much happier owner. I did go up one size, from 265/70R18 to 275/70R18. But mine has to go off road frequently and I deal with a lot of gravel roads on a daily basis.

I haven't felt any great motivation to tune mine. Others may and that is fine. Welcome to the party!

· Registered
259 Posts
Welcome! My brother just bought a Silverado 2500 HD with a 6.0, crew cab, All Star Edition the day before Thanksgiving! He tows a 24' TT, previous tow rig was a 2001 Trailblazer with over 200,000 miles. He is super excited with his new truck. Yours looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.