Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Front_Over Bridge.jpg
gmc1.jpg
Engine DriverSide.jpg
Been driving pickup trucks for 50 years plus. Backyard mechanic including diesel tractors and boats. My trucks have ranged from Datsun, Toyotas, Chevy C10 and Ford F150. My last truck was the F150 4X4 XLT. Had it for 14 years, but could not keep up with the rust. Joining this forum for support and information. Been truckless for a couple of years. Was looking for an older, preferably Southern truck (winters in the Northeast are tough on trucks).

Here's my latest ride... a frame-off restoration of a 1990 GMC C1500 (Sierra SLE) with original 5.7L, 700R4 automatic with 103,000 miles. A one-owner Massachusetts truck, always garaged, and REALLY taken care of (owner was GMC truck salesman). Some of the key components... K&N cold air intake, Accel spark plugs and wires, Pacesetter headers, Walker Y-pipe and catalytic converter, Gibson SS exhaust. Front-end has new uppers, idler, pitman arm, wheel bearings, and upper ball joints. New front disk brakes (rotors, calipers and pads), rear drums and cylinders, and new SS brake lines. Bilstein shocks front and rear. New gas tank with SS fuel lines. The first picture was taken in 1990 when owner picked up new truck. The second picture is how she looks now in my driveway (original paint!!). Can't take any credit for the restoration. I've just done an oil and filter change, and put on new Goodyear Wranglers. My job is to keep the truck running and looking good (my daily driver).

Attachments

· TOTM
2016 Silverado LTZ Z71 Double Cab
534 Posts
Wow. That truck looks to be in amazing shape. I know you said frame-off restoration, but it's not often you see one that old with no rust, let alone original paint that looks that good. Take care of that truck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.