Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, just found this forum. I bought my first Chevy truck and was looking for a good place to chat with some other owners. Looks like I found it.

I'm from Utah, and just got a 1989 C1500 (305ci) Standard Cab, Short Bed (hence username "Shorty") with 80,000 miles. I need some help thinking of a name for him/her. If you have any suggestions...

Also planning to paint it eventually and haven't decided on a color yet, so I'll take input on that as well.

Hope to learn a lot from you all. Here's a pic (to help you think of names):

truck1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello Adam and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> a Shorty is always good >

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool: "Short Stack" and paint it dark metallic green.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome to the Forum. Great project you've got there. That model really catches the looks. Look forward to seeing your progress. Color: Satin Black or Metallic Gun Metal Gray. Whatever color you choose, it will look good! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
welcome. i'd go back stock color if it were me, unless you are gonna strip everything off and paint the while frame to make it all match up

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome :) I think your truck would look good lowered and in flat black :twisted:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
6Sixathome said:
Welcome :) I think your truck would look good lowered and in flat black :twisted:
Haha... you're not the only one. The truck is kinda flat black, and it was lowered when I got it. The previous guy had "lowered" it by just taking the leaf springs out of the back--makes a truck kinda useless to not have *any* suspension. :D

I do agree that properly painted and lowered it would look a lot better though.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
YESSIR, with some blacked out wheels and a great sounding exhaust your truck would be bad a$$!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.