Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am in the market for new tires for my 2010 Silverado with Stock 18" wheels.. I am looking for opinions on the best 265 65/18 tires to replace my OEM tires. Any help is greatly appreciated and i am trying to not kill the bank here.. Pics a bonus..

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
533 Posts
In my opinion if you are looking for A/T tires on a budget I would say go with the firestone destination A/T,
if you want the best you can you buy I would say michelin ltx A/T 2.
These are both a/t tires that will give you a decent ride and not be noisy.
If you want an extremely aggressive tread pattern than may want something else.
I am not smart enough to post pictures.

Joe

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Check out the michelin at's and then the toyo open country a/t2's. Both these tires get great reviews. I considered the at2's but they're jus tnot near rough enough for what I wanted so I got Cooper STT's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was in the market for A/T tires a few months ago and decided on these. Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tires

I wanted a somewhat aggressive tread pattern but nothing that was going to produce excess tread noise (which it does not). I've commuted on these tires since I purchased them and have put a few thousand miles on them thus far. I've had them off road on muddy, wet trails duck hunting and they handled it very well in both 2WD and 4WD. I almost went with Duratracs but decided on these because I thought they would be a bit more civil on dry roads which, to be honest, is where the majority of tires on daily drivers spend most of their time. Winter is just around the corner so soon I'll get to try them out in real snow and ice conditions but as of now, I would recommend them to most anyone looking for a solid all-around A/T tire.

·
Registered
360 Posts
IMO for a good mainly on road AT tire is the Nitto Terra Grapplers. My dad has a z71 tahoe and has had a set of them terra's for about 50k miles and they still have plenty of life left and they ride really good. My 2nd choice would be the Toyos

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have Firestone Destination AT's on the truck now and have 6K on them, so far wear looks to very little. They handle good and are not too loud, although they do pick up a lot of rocks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a set of TOYO open country's on my other truck and loved them. They didn't make noise and were decent off road. When they wore out I put the BF Goodrich KO's on it and had nothing but trouble. I couldn't keep an alignment and it pulled hard to the right, changed back to the Toyo's and no Problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would make a point to go look at the Bridgestone Revo 2's. I have heard extremely good things about them and was very close to buying a set. I ended up going with Duratracs because I wanted a more aggressive sidewall, but the tread pattern on the Revo's is pretty nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the Cooper Discoverer AT3s also. While they're not quite as aggressive as I would like now, hindsight is 20/20. They're still a great tire and look almost brand new with 10k on them. Great traction and can't even tell you have an A/T tire on dry pavement. Haven't had them in the snow though, not much of a chance here in NC!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I cant believe more are not runnint the cooper AT3's. It is consumer reviews #1 tire pick for light trucks. I would have went with it but as i said i wanted a more agressive tire and was not worried about road noise but needed snow capability.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.