Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 41k miles I put on my stock goodyear wrangler at's were showing bad. Time for an upgrade! As much as I dread dropping $ for new tires, I have been looking forward to my stock tires going bad so I can upgrade. After much research (3 years of internet dreaming) I went with the Cooper Discovery AT3's.
At $600, after an $80 rebate, the price was right. Also, it is just enough aggressive mixed with practicality to meet my 50 mile daily highway commute demand. 265/70/r17

Attachments

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Those are nice looking tires. Hope they wear well and grip well for you. If you are doing that much highway driving, you should be able to get more than 40,000 miles out of that set easy. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Expect only 40,000 miles on these tires? I still have the original Bridgestone Dueler ATs on mine with 70,000 on them and they look to have another 5,000 miles left on them.

I love the look of the Coopers, but hoped they last a bit longer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Those look good! I will definitely have to consider those when I am due.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
I was just going by his old tires. Hoping he gets more than 40,000 like his old set.

·
Registered
83 Posts
BIG10Silverado5.3 said:
Its been 4 years and 53,000 miles. I replaced my AT3's today with another set. They were purchased for $530. Price includes a $70 rebate.
Overall pretty happy with performance of the last set. Cant beat the price.
That's a great life span out of AT3's. On my last truck I ran two sets in a row and would get close to 40k. Then I went with some nokian rotiva AT 10 plys that had 38k on them when I traded it and the built in indicator showed they were all still above 60% tread life. Went with some cooper discover srx highway tires (they're still meaty) and I love them so far with 15k miles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same ones on my truck they are close to 5 years old and I have about 52,000 miles on them with at least 10,000 more miles of life on them. No road noise at all and I only rotate them once a year when they wear out I'm going to get another set.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.