Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Silverado single cab short bed 5.3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. One month ago I purchased a 2017 Silverado single cab short bed to drive to work. It’s a Black Out truck but it has a 5.3 and not much else. Just like I wanted. I searched for 3 weeks to find it and I ended up going to North Carolina to get it. I took a couple of flights and drove about 1,400 miles home, but it’s mine! In the month that I’ve had it I put brakes all around, painted the calipers black, installed a 2” lowering kit in the rear, added a K&N Black Hawk CAI, and installed a Diablo tuner. No more-V4! I have it running really good on the freeway now. Tuning the transmission really helped. The only thing that I don’t like is it has some really nice American Racing chrome torque thrust wheels that just don’t match. I am in the process of trying to swap them out for some factory black wheels. I think that next week I am going to order some.410 gears. I think that this truck will really respond to that. In the first half of next year I am going to get some long tube headers and a Borla exhaust. Anyway, that was long but now I’m here. Cheers.
Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All 3 of them fell off! The first picture is on my way home. That’s in the Mississippi (I’m just telling you where that is because I like spelling Mississippi) rest area. The second is after I got it home and started making it mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good but you're right about the wheels don't fit the look. I got my 2010 back in April and the body side moldings were loose and trapping dirt and the SILVERADO lettering was collecting dirt as well so I removed them all and found a set of black powder coated wheels locally on FB Marketplace. Mine is 4wd so I actually leveled the front. The headlights stick out too much so I'm thinking about getting a set of blacked out headlights now. The chrome side steps also look out of place so I might remove them.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that look. Funny you lifted the front because, in this crazy truck market, it was between the one that I bought and a 2014 Z71. I told myself that if I got the 4x4 then I would lift the front or lower the rear on a 4x2. Sitting level is sitting right. Here is a picture of my 1986 Silverado. I wanted a modern version of it to drive to work. Cheers.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts