Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to posting on this site and just purchase a 2016 Silverado and i am planing on changing the wheels and tires . I am looking for a set of aggressive looking tires along the lines of Toyo open country MT or a nitto trail grappler. are there other ones out there i might want to consider? Also what size will work with my truck i don't want to have any cutting done on the truck and i do not plan on doing a lift on it.
Also if anyone has any suggestions on the offset i should go with? Any help would be great . Thanks in advance.

· Registered
880 Posts
Dick Cepek Fun Countrys are good too

· Registered
1,024 Posts
this is too opinionated of a question.
You havent given any background of yourself.

Gas mileage
Longevity/Warranty
Road Noise
Looks

Rank those 4 things in importance (Most to least)

then you will get better results.

Its like you just asked us what is our favorite color on the truck..

· Registered
9 Posts
I'm also shopping for tires, do some searching and you will find that these are probably the top three A/T tires that are also great on the road. As dRewville said, there are tradeoffs to each of them, so your preferences may may one a better choice than the others.

Goodyear Duratracs
BFG A/T KO2
Cooper STT Pro

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dRewville, good point here is how i would rate those you mentioned from most important to me to the least important.
looks
warranty /longevity
gas mileage
road noise

I had a 2010 and had Nitto Trail Grapplers but this time i dont want to spend that type of money.

· TOTM
6,243 Posts
I loved my Nitto Trail Grapplers on my previous truck, was expecting to get at least 50k out of them but I'll never know since I traded. This time around I went for a nice all terrain tire. I chose a set of Cooper AT3s, so far I am very satisfied with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
ferraiolo1 said:
I have toyo open country at2 extreams which are worth the money. And also mastercraft axt which are great tires that are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like these tires in the Xtreme version and the normal A/T version. I have both on 2 different vehicles. No regrets. OP should consider staying away from M/T tires with snow and ice involved. An M/T has no sipes in the lug to aid in slippery travels.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
there are some that run them, yes.

since road noise and gas mileage or at the bottom of your list, id look into some heavier AT tires which usually translates to stronger wall/ply tires..

Like most here, it seems a common comparison is Duratrac and KO2.
I've seen more, that have had both, say they rather choose Duratrac. but some stand behind KO2 as well. (i just dont think theyve kept the ko2 long enough)

Can't recall if you talked about snow, but duratracs in basically all videos showed better in snow rather than ko2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.