Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new around here, I live in Salt Lake County, Utah. I made a couple posts over the weekend but thought I had better make an introduction. It's been a few years since I sold my then "New Body Style" 1988 Chevy 4x4 w/5 speed Manual trans. Boy I loved that truck. I purchased a new to me 2009 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Z71 extended cab about a month ago. It is the dark gray I think it's called Graystone metallic. This truck is very low mileage for it's age, just turned over 19,000. Very happy with it so far.
Over the weekend I put on a Airaid M.I.T. and the AFE Cat back exhaust. These two mods made a noticeable difference IMO, Sounds great too. Not so quiet but not to loud either. I'll keep doing a few other mods as time and $$$ allow. I also own a 1951 Chevy 3100 pickup that I mess around with as time permits. I'm in the process of a full restorod on the 51.
I'll have to get some pictures of the 09 posted soon.
This has been a great site.
Thanks to everyone.
KL (Redshiba)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the AirAid M.I.T. for $98.00 (Damaged box mark down) from Amazon.

The AFE exhaust was $341.00 shipped from AutoAnything. They had a 20% (AFE20) when I bought the cat back system a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

Looking forward to the pics, and don't forget to check in on the greystone metallic roll call thread!

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a good deal there on your truck. Lots of great members & information here to help out with future mods. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
KL, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome KL to a great forum.. tons of great people and endless amounts of knowledge..:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.