Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with you guys my most recent purchase 2017 Silverado midnight edition 1500. It was hard to let the old one go but I just liked the looks of the new ones. I did not custom order it, I seen this one at my local dealership and I just had to have it. Now, Ive always been an LTZ guy and thats what my last truck was. Since this one had bucket seats with the flow through center console It did not bother me at all that it is an LT. What did bother me was the base sound system, My old truck had the Bose sound system in it and I really like that. What I did to fix that was install the Kicker vss power system and i have to say it blows the Bose system out of the water. For those of you who don't know what this is.... Kicker designed a plug and play system that allows you to install A 10in sub in a custom box with an amp that fits underneath the rear seat. The kit also includes a 200w amp to drive the stock speakers. In my opinion this system is far better in terms of sound quality vs the Bose system. It is completely Plug and play and takes about 3 hours to install. The best part about it is that Kicker teamed up with GM to design this system so it does not void your warranty. All in all very satisfied with the new truck. Gave it a nice wax job the other day so its ready for a Minnesota winter. Already had 5% tint installed all around as you can see in the pictures. 2in leveling kit to be installed very soon. I posted some pics of my old truck as well for you guys to see.

Attachments

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Yes nice looking truck I do also like the new style. I might have to look into that sound mod you installed. And it for sure will look nicer leveled out now if I could only find me some extra money.

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Did you ever take care of that lower front end rake? I have to do mine to eliminate the rubbing I have torsion bars that only have about 1" of adjustment left so I will be looking into keys I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.