Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just thought that I would say hey to everyone and post some pictures of my truck. I am from New Hampshire but I am currently living in Indiana and attending Purdue University for college. Things are so different out here compared to the East Coast. Before moving out here I had some car problems that I wasn't really willing to fix. I decided to get a new car, and I needed something big to haul my crap back and forth. I was able to get an amazing deal on the truck because of the insane discounts that GMC was giving. It worked out really slick.

I love the truck and everything about it, but there are a few things that I want to do to it aesthetically and performance wise. I am a little worried about the warranty and having it not be good anymore once leveling the truck with Rough Country 2" leveling kit, and putting an intake and exhaust on it. Does anyone know about this? Also, does the truck ride any different once you level it. I have read all of the forums on the leveling of the truck and no one seems to really mention the ride.

I thought I would post some picture of the truck, as is. I love the exterior color of the truck. Probably the best thing about it aesthetically so far.

Thanks for the help,

Garrett

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum! Nice truck! They still ride smooth with a 2" level on and those mods shouldn't affect warranty..Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the best site in the world for Silverado and Sierra owners!

Beautiful truck!

X2 on the mods you mentioned, shouldn't affect your warranty at all....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Welcome to the site, got my 2010 (pretty much the same as yours) right when I graduated college, would have loved to have it for hauling during those years.

A level doesn't really affect the ride. I have leveling shocks which actually improved the stability without becoming jarring. The exhaust/intake should not void any warranty.

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello Garrett and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> nice truck >

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice looking truck.. Got same but a 2010 in storm grey metallic. You will love the truck. Keep an eye on your wheels. They are chrome plated plastic. My truck had 50K on it now and chrome is peeling off the wheels in large flakes. You see a bubble in the finish.. Go scream at the dealer before your bumper to bumper runs out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I will definitely look out for the chrome rims. I had no idea that they were only chrome plated. One other thing, do you think the dealer will install the leveling kit? I definitely have no where to do it myself at school.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Garrett, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.