· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this here:
2.5" Rancho 9000 level-lift in front
1" lift block in the rear
20" XD Grenade wheels, with custom green paint
305/55R20 Terra Grappler G2 tires

Had to do a little trimming of the mudflaps, but otherwise...perfect! The ride is fantastic, and the tires finally fill the wheel Wells appropriately. The new tires make a small amount of noise on the highway, but not bad at all. I know the green is not for everyone, but it's a work truck, and I wanted it to "pop". I just love it!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

· Registered
261 Posts
The green matches your theme, and the truck looks great. I too just put on a set of G2's. So far, I like them a lot. I'll be interested to see what you think.

Jeff

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, this truck has had the OEM Bridgestone (just OK), Cooper AT3 (awful), Michelin LTX AT2 (great performance but boring look), and now the Terra Grap. I like the aggressive appearance, and great ride quality. I am hoping they are close to the snow performance that the Michelin's had. If so, they will be the perfect tire.

· TOTM
7,799 Posts
I think you're the first person that I've seen that didn't like the Cooper AT3s... what didn't you like about them?

New wheels and tires look good! I've got nearly 60k miles on a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silverado9306 said:
I think you're the first person that I've seen that didn't like the Cooper AT3s... what didn't you like about them?

New wheels and tires look good! I've got nearly 60k miles on a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I thought they were incredibly noisy, and did not perform as well in the snow as the OEM Brigestones. I have seen so many other good reviews, that I truly wonder if I had 1 or more bad tires that caused the howl on the highway. With the Terra Grapplers, I can hear some tire noise. With the Coopers, ALL I could hear was tire noise.

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bootstrap said:
Interesting theme on the truck. How'd you come up with that?
Big Frog is a franchise t-shirt company. For the vehicle graphics, I used the stock company logo, and then had a local graphic designer come up with the theme. It gets a lot of attention around town, and it has generated a lot of business for our company. Each store owner does his/her own, so they are all different. I am the only one I know of, with a Sierra/Silverado. I had mine before I bought the business. My truck is a 2010, with about 92,000 on it. Thanks to this site, I've learned to baby my truck, and it is pristine. I thought the green XD's would grab even more attention, so I consider it a marketing expense (creative bookkeeping, LOL!)

Most of my fellow Big Frog store owners have small cars, like a Kia Soul. Ick!

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
Looks really good Eric! The green trim on the wheels is a nice touch as well.. Now be sure to protect the wheels with some good wheel sealant, especially with Winter coming...or in your area, maybe already there..

I use Pinnacle Black, and while a bit pricey, it kept my wheels looking good all of last winter through the heavy salt use here in MA. I applied again about 2 months ago, and they still look good and rinse off real easy.

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
Thanks Jordan!
Here is one of my favorite shots, taken by a friend of mine.
Wheel1.jpg

Attachments

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,736 Posts
OK, just one more. We finally got snow here, and I went out to play yesterday. The truck is a beast in the snow...pretty awesome! The day was totally beautiful. Still snowing lightly, but the sun was starting to peek through. Final thought...my new Samsung S7 takes a pretty good photo!
BFTruck-Desktop.jpg

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.