Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would post a few pictures of the truck getting ready for Winter and plowing. I went back to a stock 265/70R17 for winter because my 285/70R17's rub from time to time and i figured with the plow thats only going to get worse. The rims are just four stock spares I got two off ebay and two off rockauto.com the tires i got locally used. It wasnt that bad last year but when the tire rubs it sounds like its going to tear off the whole frontend. The first picture is the summer set up others are the winter set up. a couple buddys say it kind has a police look to it with the black wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Wonder what kind of traction you will get plowing with those tires? I have them on my Burb but haven't gone through any real snow yet to tell how well they grip.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That same tire came stock on the truck I hated the way they wore I only got 40,000 miles out of them but i plowed with them for a season and they did pretty good. I only plow my driveway and one other so im not real worried. new year i will replace them with something else.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Um it looks like you would get better grip from your "summer" tires then your "winter" tires. In my opinion anyway those Goodyear ST tires don't have satisfactory grip in the summer, never mind the winter. Hope they work out for you.

Edit
Looks like we posted at the same time. I see your situation now. I'm using those STs for the summer until they burn off and then I will get something AT probably "Silent Armor" for the winter I have Goodyear Ultra Grip WRTs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ya, I've read that they don't last long at all or wear well either. Probably won't last real long either on my heavy arse Burb :(

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like the look of those winter rims..maybe even more than the silver ones. I like the "undercover" look.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
I like the idea and look as well. Cheap and easy maintenance on them, for all the crap you go through in plowing, while keeping you good stockers put away for the winter.
Nice mod!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those look great.

Anybody ever try to remove the chrome covers from the stock steel wheels? I had a quick look at mine and it looks like they are really on there, but they should be removable?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.