Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it hangin everyone. I'm a 35yo, new to this forum and am just here to research my options as far as my truck goes. I have an 01 Silverado 1500 with a 4.3L/5spd with about 232k on it. It's getting to the point where the poor lil 350-2 is just not able to put out the power I need for the type of work I do(I do home remodeling so I do a lot of towing) so I'm thinking of an engine swap and suspension upgrade(prolly just some helpers for the leafs, otherwise I may just swap to 3/4 ton spring packs.) I'm relatively mechanically inclined so the parts swapping won't be an issue, and if it's plug and play, the computer shouldn't be an issue either. I do have questions but I'll see if I can't find the answers posted in the forum already. My big project(Labor of LUV) is my 80 LUV 4x4 that I'm working on, doing a SAS, LT1 383 swap. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line in to say what's up!

·
Registered
2014 LTZ 5.3 6 sp
6,878 Posts
Hello jim and welcome from Truro Nova Scotia >>> GL with both projects >

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim and thanks for sharing the pics and story for the whole..:) Dooh

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Welcome Aboard! :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, looking into trading off the 01 for a 2011 2500 4x4. It's an extended cab with a long bed, I'm not too fond of a long bed but I think that with this truck, I would be able to pull anything I would ever need to pull and wouldn't have to worry about not making it up a hill as well as the ability to load the bed up. I'm not sure but I think it a 6.0 since it looks like a bare bones truck but I'm not positive. I guess I coulda looked a lil closer at the sticker but eh well, it was just a first look anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clean looking truck! Too bad quick draw punched a round through it. My first truck was 2 wheel drive and I prided myself on getting stuck with extreme prejudice :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.