Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago, I was trying to unstick my 97 silverado from the snow. My hand slipped and pushed against the multi-function switch, damaging it. It sort of worked for a while, but finally the stem sort got all floppy. Everything still worked, except the high beams; the stem was so floppy, it wouldn't click to engage.

Finally got around to replacing it. Now, everything works, except the high beams still don't work. When I engage them, I get the click, but the indicator light doesn't come on, nor do the high beams. Also, the low beams, which ought to go off when the highs come on, don't go off. So it's as though my high beams switch does nothing. The folks I bought the new switch from sent me another one, thinking that I, with my typical luck, might have gotten a defective new switch. No dice. New switch; same results.

So any ideas where I can start looking to figure out what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

DD

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
DD, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

If I were in your situation I would grab a digital multimeter and start following wires.

Perhaps these schematics will help. One is for the 4 headlamp system and one for the 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay; update: I clicked my parking brake and realized I have no low beams either - all I have are my DRLs. Click the brake, turn on the lights, and all I get are my parking and dash lights. Looked at the big 50A headlamp fuse under the hood, and it looks okay. Still sleuthing.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Glad to hear its fixed. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.