Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set some time aside yesterday to take care of a few minor maintenance items. I cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body and was going to change the PCV and fuel filter. Oh, 37k miles on the truck.
Found out the fuel filter is non serviceable and the PCV is either non existent or has been placed internally in the intake.
Other wise things went well. The MAF looked clean before I began but I followed the directions on the can and for piece of mind it's done.
The throttle body was dirty for sure. Used a tooth brush and a rag and soaked it good. Removed a good bit of dirt/gunk.
Not sure I noticed any performance change, but like I said, piece of mind that it's done.
Thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
A clean throttle body and MAF is a happy throttle body and MAF.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ A catch can won't do anything to prevent a dirty throttle body on the air filter side. But catch cans are effective for the intake side.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
That's true, but it will sure keep a lot of oil out of the intake manifold and a lot of gunk building up in there and on valves. One of the most unknown and overlooked items that one can do that will reap benefits over the long haul.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The 1LE style cleanside separator takes car of the MAF and TB. I should have clarified:

It simply replaces the oil fill cap and runs to the main intake air bridge/CAI so no oil can be drawn in the cleanside when at WOT when there is not enough vacuum present in the IM to keep the flow from reversing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.