Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fam, I got a question...I leveled my truck out with a 1.5 spacer up front on the bottom of the shock. Its been on for a year now and Ive had this ever so slight squeak/squeal from my steering wheel. At first i thought it was a defect so I took it to the dealer and they said since its been leveled it voided my warranty. I've had it on for over a year and no turning issues at all. Just that little noise. I normally just turn up the tunes but I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue with just leveling it out. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
It doesn't void your warranty. They have to prove it directly caused the issue.. this is becoming real common...

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent noticed any mechanical issues. Im thinking it maybe from clock spring in the airbag. Not sure yet. I used to work for a dealer for 9 years and i always hated the crazy excuses they come up with to not cover stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
^^^The dealer I used to work at would always go to the other extreem and "take care of the customer" even if it was an obvious case of abuse. Having said that, can you narrow down where the noise is coming from? does it sound like it's coming from inside or outside the truck?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah sounds like its inside the truck. i will be looking into it some more. I will be back with some more info soon. I see a rubber boot under the hood where the steering shaft comes thru the firewall. It looks suspect.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking may be making the nolise. Try spraying some silicone spray on it and see if that changes the noise or makes it go away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.