Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Z71 5.3l
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Silverado here.
Purchased this truck 2 months ago without a working horn. Come to find out the horn contact spring connector was broken, so I decided to replace it with a new Dorman 924-089 part. Put the new one in and all seemed fine and dandy until I put the airbag back on. “BEEEEEeEeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEB” until I unplugged the negative terminal. Well I figured “maybe I installed it backwards” so many many YouTube videos later and nope, it’s fine. I put it back together and all of a sudden it was ok, UNTIL I honked to say hi to a neighbor. What was suppose to be a “beep” turned into a “BEEeEeEeEeeEeEeEeEeEp” so he probably thinks I hate him.
I honk my happy a** back home and finally pull the relay. Then I get to disassembling the steering wheel again and all looks good.
I put it all back together and all goes back to normal until I turn the wheel left and right. Yup you guessed it, it now honks every time I turn the wheel.

My next though is a bad clockspring right?
Well, that’s the funny thing. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE THE AIRBAG INSTALLED. so can it still be the clockspring? Wondering if anyone had some insight in the issue and I hope those who don’t at least had a good laugh from my suffering. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts