Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its not a silverado or sierra but its a gm! haha i have a 2008 chevy 2500 express work van, got it for my job.. but just recently while it idles i hear a wierd bang noise from the front of the van, at least thats where i believe its coming from... the first time i heard it i thought someone hit my van with a wooden bat... it only happens once and a while and only at idle sitting still, and when it does happen its just one "BANG", not several in a row. i thought it might be some kind of engine backfire but i went around to the exhaust and its not coming from there.. I know this isnt the site for the express vans but i trust you guys more than anyone! thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
It could be a backfire through an intake valve and the noise is coming out the intake, through the air filter. That will sound kinda like what you describe. Does it have a check engine light on or have you checked for codes?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No check engine light. I will check for codes here in about an hour.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so no codes.. why would there be a backfire in the intake?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.