Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Who has the best pictures for SilveradoSierra of the Month?

• 660catman

• silventbravo

• 19trax95

• Hep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

SilveradoSierra of the Month for November 2021 is here!

Take your best picture, get the most votes, and you might just take home the bragging rights as SilveradoSierra of the Month!

Please, take a few minutes and get some NEW shots of your truck.

The November 2021 theme is:
Your truck on the farm or out in the country. Maybe you live on a farm, work on a farm, went apple picking, went on a hayride, or have a nice garden? Or maybe you were driving by a farm or some beautiful landscape and stopped to take a cool shot.

Get out of the city, go for a nice Sunday drive, and take a nice shot of your truck.
Let’s see some great pictures!

Submissions will close November 23rd. Voting will be from November 24 to 30.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the formalities:
Competition Rules… just like that voice message you get when you call tech support, please read the rules as they may have changed. We don't want to delete your entry because you didn't fully follow the rules.
1) You are limited to one entry with two photos per member, per month! This means once you submit your entry, you cannot offer substitutes or additions later on in the same competition.
2) The winner will not be allowed to enter the Voting Booth for another SSOTM competition for SIX (6) months (you can play along and showcase your truck but will not be allowed into the top ten for 6 months).
3) Photograph submissions are allowed during the first 3 weeks of every month. After that, the top 10 trucks will be entered into the poll for the final voting. The poll will be open until the end of the month, and then the winner will be declared. (All dates are tentative as we are all volunteers here and have lives and other responsibilities, too.)
4) You may include a comment in your entry, but please do not comment on other member's entries. If there is some issue with an entry, please feel free to PM any Moderator about it or make a Report. Extraneous comments will be deleted!
5) Any photos that have any evidence of re-touching, lighting effects, color saturation or Photoshop work will be deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned from entering the competition. Cropping is allowed as well as blocking out your license plate (recommended), but no other manipulation of the photo is allowed.
6) Sad we have to address this... if the Moderating team feels there is any indication of manipulating the results of the poll to determine the monthly winner, any and all participants suspected of bamboozling the results will be banned from the website for 30 days and barred from participating in SSOTM for the current month + the next 12 months.
7) Staff Members will chose the Truck of the Month theme each month. We are always open to suggestions.
8) For pictures that are not directly related to the SSOTM theme for the month, moderators reserve the right to delete the post, no questions asked.

Many of our members use a work computer that may limit websites they can view. It would be in your best interest to upload attachments at the post or upload your pics to your personal member gallery as opposed to linking from imgur, Photobucket or your Facebook page, etc. If people can view this website while at work, they will be able to see your pics. This becomes very important when our members are voting.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A few tips:
1) Enter two pictures. Take full advantage of the competition rules. Different angles are great.
2) When taking your pictures, take multiple pictures of each angle. You may find some shots came out better than others. Since everyone's photos are digital, it only costs a little memory till you capture the best shots. Delete the ones you don’t want to keep.
3) Feature your whole truck, bumper to bumper. Regardless of the theme, the idea is to feature your truck.
4) Keep true to the theme. If necessary, explain the reasoning why you feel the pictures meet the theme.
GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: Liftedwhiteltz

·
Registered
2000 Silverado 2500, 4x4, 6.0
41 Posts
I think the rules are too strict. Should definitely delete the bullet about editing...

Hate to say it but no digital camera can capture what the naked eye sees, at least not perfectly. Almost always has to be some post processing to get it to look like you see it.

Might get more submissions that way.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,655 Posts
Since I won last month I cannot participate, but perhaps I can stir up some interest....

It's an older picture, as I still had the 22s on it, but it meets the qualifier.
Here's the truck parked on the runway of our local Cotton Gin. (They have an old Grumman "Ag Cat" Crop Duster.) As the cotton is harvested thy park the bales on the runway before and after ginning.

C'mon guys....participate!!!!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Car

Reactions: GBSierraSLE

·
Registered
2013 Sierra SLE CC 2500HD Duramax
698 Posts
Ok, I’ll post one. At the beginning of November I was out getting pictures of tourist destinations for a contest put on by our province. You need to “check in” with your phone on the app and submit a photo at these spots. I was in a park when I took this photo. I only took one at the time.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD CC 4wd Z71 6.6 Duramax

·
Premium Member
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
2,621 Posts
It would be nice to allow basic editing. Color and brightness correction can make an image SO much better. Example of my 2 pics, same camera, same time, different angle. The camera automatically adjusted or processed the image differently when the light changed and the 2nd picture looks a lot duller and worse. Normally this won't matter I can fix in PS, but I'm submitting as is per rules.

Cloud Tire Wheel Plant Sky

Cloud Tire Wheel Plant Sky

·
Administrator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A minor adjustment to correct for camera variances is perfectly acceptable.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
It would be nice to allow basic editing. Color and brightness correction can make an image SO much better. Example of my 2 pics, same camera, same time, different angle. The camera automatically adjusted or processed the image differently when the light changed and the 2nd picture looks a lot duller and worse. Normally this won't matter I can fix in PS, but I'm submitting as is per rules.

View attachment 943121

View attachment 943122
Nice shot. Only thing better in that shot would be me walking with my 30.06 and camo gear or else riding a new Honda CR250. Then it'd be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
436 Posts
I knew I took these for a reason! :ROFLMAO:
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Truck

·
Administrator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Submissions are now closed. Thank you to all who particpated!

Please vote for your favorite! Voting will end Nov 30th. The winner will be announced at the end of the month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts