Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
7,325 Posts
I've always been a big fan of Nu Finish. It seems to last way longer than any other wax I've ever tried. Be sure to post your results with the Graphene stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally applied the Nu Finish Graphene coating. My paint is still very smooth so I didn't have to clay it like my other vehicle but I did wipe the surfaces down with 70% Isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue. It was easy to apply but doesn't buff out as easily as a regular Nu Finish product so the whole thing took a bit longer; about 10 minutes each panel. The hood took about 20 minutes and I didn't even get the roof yet. Total time about 1 hour and 50 minutes. I applied the coating using criss cross pattern and hand buffed each panel. It would have been easier with a polisher. Overall its look pretty good I Ithink.

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah they are good . Only problem I have is u drop them in dirt and try to reuse them ,you’ll end up grinding the dirt in the bar into your paint and u prob know this,get to aggressive and it can leave tiny scratches .that being said nothing wrong with a good ol clay bar 😎🦅

·
Administrator
7,325 Posts
Clay bar is a must for a good detail. But if it hits the ground, it's in the trash.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,006 Posts
Isn't Graphene the same shit they're putting in mRNA "vaccines?"
Hey, if they put in "vaccines," it must be good for your truck......LOL!!!

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
Sounds like the geriatric tin foil hat supply has been exhausted. Hopefully they can increase their production soon to keep those conspiracy thoughts out of our ancient citizen's heads...

As for the clay, a clay mitt would probably be good for those clumsy individuals but a clay bar works just fine otherwise.
Smell-U-Later, try and keep us up to date on the longevity of this product please.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
I hope you don't drive drunk sir.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts