Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08' Silverado with a 5.3 that had a check engine light for a driver side down stream sensor. I replaced the sensor and cleared the code. 2 days later the light came on again and it was for the driver side and the passenger side down stream sensors. So I replaced the passenger side sensor,cleared the codes and hoped for the best. Well my luck,3 days later the light came back on for both sensors again. I took it to a buddy of mine who is a mechanic and he said he did some wire tracing to see if he could find a broken or bad wire but didnt find anything. The codes im getting are a 0054 and a 0060. I had a recall on my truck for carbon monoxide emissions that I did yesterday and hoped that had something to do with it. The factory cleared the code and when i checked it after them it said no codes. Today I checked it again to see if my monitors reset and the 0054 and the 0060 said they are pending now. Being in good ole NY my inspection was up in oct and im out of ideas. Im sure its not the o2's any more but dont know what to check next? Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
When you say your buddy traced wires, was this visually or did he check the voltages of the heater circuits. Also are there any other symptoms. Does the truck otherwise run well?

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Like said above, what brand are you using. I have had bad luck with Non-OEM brands. I now use only AC Delco Oringal Equipment and have never had a single issue.

· Registered
294 Posts
GMT604 said:
What brand of sensor did you put in there? I only use ACDelco or NTK direct fit. Bosch sensors are a lot cheaper and for a reason..... They are garbage.

I have special Bosch installation tools. :lol:

Truth, brother!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.