Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've been noticing this weird noise in the cab that'll happen sparatically while I'm driving and it really seems to be coming from the front passenger door (crew cab truck). It seems to happen mostly when I'm driving on gravel or somewhat bumpy roads, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. It's sort of like a clicking sound to me. Anyway, I included a video of it hoping someone has some inkling of an idea of what's going on. Video was taken at night but I was hearing the noise so I decided to record it, if a daylight video would be better I could do that later but not much to see anyway. (Camera is pointed right at the passenger front door and I'm driving on a gravel driveway)

Couldn't get video to attach so posted to YouTube instead. Thanks

· Registered
301 Posts
Get someone to ride shotgun and try to pinpoint the exact location of where the sound is coming from. Could just be something loose rolling around that might have fallen out of someones pocket, or something in the door that's come loose and is tapping against the metal door frame.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bikers said:
I have traced my noise to the passenger seatbelt buckle hitting the door jamb when not in use. I have to keep it buckled.
Hmm I didn't much think of that. I may keep it buckled when I drive that gravel driveway again and see if the noise goes away. Was your noise very similar sounding to mine?

· Registered
2,878 Posts
I like the seat belt notion by the sound of it. You don't have anything in the door pocket, or maybe the glove box?
I had a rattling sound over there, It wasn't until I took the realtors type key lock box out of the door pocket and shook it that I found it, it was the internal mechanism of the lock box rattling on rough roads.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes, my noise was similar to yours. I also had an item in the glove box that rattled. Used to be that you heard all of the noise from outside and we just cranked the radio up.... now that they are made to block the outside noise, the inside noises can be heard :)

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing in the door pockets and nothing in the glove box to rattle. I'm thinking it may be the seat belt from the back seat to be honest. It was right up beside the plastic on the wall of the cab and was probably rattling against that. I'm gonna feel dumb if it's something that simple lol. But as always I appreciate the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.