Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hi! This is my first post here, and I am a new owner of a 2013 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, first truck at that. ... So I upgraded to this from a small 4 door, and well getting used to driving it I cracked the passenger side end cap on my front bumper. Looking into replacing it I noticed this might be a great time to install some fog lights.

Some quick searching I have been able to locate some new end caps with fog hole lights, and came across the OEM foglight kit (I have seem some other people post how they saved money rigging one up themselves instead of buying the OEM kit). Trying to keep it all OEM I would rather go this route and get the kit. The question I have is, is the kit really that plug in play eg remove the end caps put the new ones on, plug int the fog lights to the computer/fuse box under the hood, and swap the light/dimmer switch on the dash and thats it? Just want to make sure before I drop the cash on this and find out that its much more in depth than that.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from some people on this and posting some updates in the future!

Thanks,

Shelby

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Look under your fuse cover but if you have the fuse and the relay for the fogs installed all the wiring is there from the switch to the panel. All you need is the switch in the dash and the wiring from the Fuse to the end caps. Im one of those people that is building a kit from scratch, If you want HID's like me there is no point in getting the oem kit since i would have ended up stripping and soldering my own HID harness on anyway. I havent had much luck with the plug and play sets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the response. I looked and I have the fuse and everything so looks like this might be the route I end up taking. Once again thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohh for sure! My Dad actually has a 2013 Silverado 1500 as well and he is very interested in doing this to his if I go through with the process, so there will be a lot of pictures documenting it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.