Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe some one can give a clue as to what might be going on with my truck
ok the oem trailer plug has blown 2 fuses with nothing connected to it ?
ok here is the story yesterday needed my small trailer hooked it up and checking all lights and found left blinker on trailer not working pulled out test light and found nothing come to oem plug
so checked fuse ok blown disconnected all wires from it and checked with test light and fuse was blown again
I changed it went back with test light and blown after the third fuse I got power
anyone have any ideas :?:

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
So it blows the fuse whether there's a trailer hooked up or not correct?

That would indicate to me that there is an issue on the truck side. Likely a short in that circuit. Start easy with all the plugs along the harness. Inspect for damage or stuff that simply doesn't look right.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Possibly corrosion in the back of the trailer plug, had one grown green fur enough to turn the tail lights on and off intermittently. :lol:

Either that or at the rear junction block behind the bumper.

Or anywhere in the harness from the front to the rear.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
Should just twist out of its holder then the plug goes into the back of the larger body of the actual trailer plug.

At least that's how my 01 is. I can't say I've needed to take one apart on a newer truck yet so unless you have a 99-07, my answer may or may not apply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.